Thursday, February 24, 2011

SCBWI Announces the 2011 Golden Kite Awards & Sid Fleischman Humor Award Winners!


2011 Golden Kite Award Winners

FICTION:
TURTLE IN PARADISE
by Jennifer Holm
Random House Books for
Young Readers
NONFICTION:
THE GOOD, THE BAD,
AND THE BARBIE
by Tanya Lee Stone
Viking Juvenile
PICTURE BOOK TEXT:
BIG RED LOLLIPOP
by Rukhsana Khan
Viking Juvenile
PICTURE BOOK ILLUSTRATION:
A POCKETFUL OF POSIES
by Salley Mavor


2011 Golden Kite Honor Recipients

FICTION:
MOCKINGBIRD
by Kathryn Erskine
Puffin
NONFICTION:
FORT MOSE
by Glennette Tilley Turner
Abrams
PICTURE BOOK TEXT:
INTERRUPTING CHICKEN
by David Ezra Stein
Candlewick
PICTURE BOOK ILLUSTRATION:
BUNNY DAYS
by Tao Nyeu
Dial


2011 Sid Fleischman Humor Award Winner

MILO: STICKY NOTES AND
BRAIN FREEZE
by Alan Silberberg
Aladdin

15 comments:

Susan B James said...

Well that settles it. I have to get Interrupting Chicken A Golden Kite and a Cybil!
I am so happy for all of the winners.
I am putting them all on my to read list.

fibercontent said...

Great selection! I love them all!

Angela Ackerman said...

Wonderful books--congrats to everyone!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Salley Mavor said...

Alice, I'm thrilled that my book was selected. Thanks so much! I just wanted to point out a mispelling of the title. It's Pocketful, one word, not two.

kathleen duey said...

Congrats to everyone!!!!!!

janeyolen said...

Huge congrats to all.

Jane

Natalie Zaman said...

Congrats to everyone! How could you not read a book called Interrupting Chicken?

Mary Ann Fraser said...

Congratulations to everyone! Can't wait to read them all.

SCBWI said...

Title is corrected, Salley. Sorry about the error. I'm getting over the flu--brain it still a little dull. Congratulations on your award!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Congratulations, everyone!. Now I have to add more books to the TBR pile. :)

Lisa Gail Green said...

So exciting!! Congrats to all the recipients!!

Hazel Mitchell said...

Well done Ezra!

Hazel Mitchell said...

Well done all! Esp Chicken!

Kathy McCullough said...

The kids I read to at the library LOVE Bunny Days, and also Interrupting Chicken, but now I'll have to add the other 2 PBs to my reading stack for them. :) And I love Jennifer Holm. I'm very eager to read all of the books here I missed.

April Halprin Wayland said...

SO exciting--wonderful news. Congratulations to all!